About EBSCO Academic Search Premier
Academic Search Premier is a database which contains thousands of full-text articles from magazines, newspapers, and journals for all area of academic study. It can be found on the library database menu under each of the major subject areas (Business, Humanities, Math & Science, Education, and Social Sciences) and the A-Z List..
Step 1 To Access Academic Search Premier
At the top of the library database menu page, click on the subject area of your choice such as Social Sciences. Academic Search Premier appears in the list for all of the subject areas.
Click on Academic Search Premier.
On the search screen in the Advanced Search mode you will see 3 search boxes, each with a pull-down menu beside it saying Select a field (optional).
If you leave Select a field (optional) in place, the search terms you enter in the search boxes will find articles that contain your terms in the article summary (also known as an abstract), subject terms, and citation. You may change the pull-down menus next to the search boxes to search by AU Author, TI Title of the article, SU Subject Terms, So Journal Name, and more.
The area just above the three search boxes displays the database you are now searching - Academic Search Premier. By clicking on Choose Databases you can select a different EBSCO database to search. The terms you enter in the search boxes will be retained when you change databases.
LIMITING YOUR RESULTS
(See screen shot above)
- Click the boxes beside full text and scholarly/peer-reviewed to retrieve only Scholarly/peer-reviewed articles with full text available.
- To find articles published within certain dates, use the pull-down menu to select a month and fill in the year box with the appropriate year.
E-MAILING ARTICLES AND FORMATTED CITATIONS
- In your list of results, click on the title of the article (in blue letters)--See below.
- You will then see a screen where a detailed citation and abstract are displayed.
- Click on E-Mail.
- If the article is in HTML format, you may also save and print it here.
A sample E-Mail screen is shown below:
- Enter the E-Mail address
- Click on the circle next to Citation Format
- Select APA, MLA or other citation style in the pull-down menu under Citation Format
- Click Send
The E-Mail recipient will receive the article or a link to the article and a properly formatted citation.
Saving and Printing PDF Articles
- Be sure to click on PDF Full Text to display the full article.
- Then click on the Save a copy icon or the Printer icon on the screen where your full-text PDF article is displayed.